Sunday, January 11, 2009

Northern Cali Vacay

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Some of you have commented that it is high-time for us to update our blog. Well, the wait is over and here it is: the "Top 7.5 Best Things We Did in Northern California During Our Christmas Vacation". We are going to break off the old tradition trail and do this in installments. So be sure to check at least hourly for more exciting updates!

1. Wild Stallion Scamperoo

Sheri and I did one of the funnest things we've done as a married couple - horseback riding! It was amazing. The reason why it was so cool is because except for once, every time I've gone riding it's been a "horseback riding adventure", which is a fancy way of saying, "single-file death march". I've been forced to sit on my emaciated steed while it shuffles along the same path that it's done 6 zillion times. At the end I usually end up either carrying the horse myself, or eating it to put it out of our misery. Why, why couldn't I run wild and free like the stallion inside of us that we both yearn to release?



But this time was different. Since we were going with friends that owned the horses, we could go wherever we wanted. We thought single-file was a pretty good idea.


After an amazing afternoon of beautiful scenery, fresh air, and venomous Tse Tse flies, we reluctantly headed back to the horse trailer. But before we did, we found an open field where we were able to gallop as fast as we wanted (the horses, not us). It was seriously one of the most fun things I've ever done. It makes me want to get horses one of these days - or at least a really big raccoon.




Amateur....

4 comments:

Pike's Place said...

Do not degrade the Man from Snowy River!! He was such a hottie back in the day. :) So you didn't love love love the Waterton horseback days? Tsk, tsk. I thought Jen's experience of nearly being bucked off the horse was adventure enough! Besides, don't you remember? We'd hold the horses on the trail, and then we'd let them go and they galloped to catch up with the rest. You just have to be sneaky to get a real ride. :) Okay, maybe your experience was WAY better.

Julia and Jake Rainey said...

Totally aweseom! I love reading your posts... you guys look so happy and so perfect together. My husband and I own a few horses of our own and I like to keep it to single file line myself. Last time I ventured off from the path I got bucked off and ended up with a cracked rib...don't recommend it. :) happy times!!!

Unknown said...

oh how funny. you guys crack me up! I am glade that you had a real experiece on a horse.
shonnee

Big Mama said...

See, we must be related because as I was looking at the pictures of your excursion, I thought of The Man From Snowy River! Such a great movie! Isn't Nor Cal wonderful? I think you guys should move up here. We've never had a Glen fam rep before! I think it's time that it happens. What do you say? Love the pics guys! You look great!