Sunday, January 25, 2009

Auburn Rocks

The following is the continuation of this season's segment: "Top 7.5 Coolest Things We Did In Northern California During Our Christmas Vacation"

3. As long as I can remember, I have been obsessed with throwing rocks. I don't know why I just can't get enough of it. Maybe I'm part caveman, I don't know. And it doesn't matter how or where I throw rocks - skipping them in lakes, shooting them from a sling, throwing them off bridges, or causing pain to annoying kittens (okay, the last one is not quite true, unless you replace "annoying" with "unsuspecting" and "kittens" with "small children") Observe:


This is me, probably thinking about throwing rocks. Or about how awesome my pants are. Or about the sweet gap in my teeth.

(this is definately during one of my "akward" years, which ended up lasting nearly 2 decades)



While in Auburn, Sheri and I discovered an awesome hike. It led to an open area with steep cliffs that I knew if we could just climb to the top of, we could have some sweet rock-throwing:



The new setting for "Lord of the Rings IV: Gollum vs. Elmo"

We managed to make it to the top of the cliffs without killing ourselves (much to my surprise). The best thing about it was that not only were we on a cliff, but we were also above an old mine. So by the time the rock finally hit the bottom, you could have watched the first half of "Pride and Prejudice" (if you didn't thow up first, of course).

Be sure to pump up the volume so you can hear the "rock" music...(ba-doom-ching!)





9 comments:

Tiffany said...

All I can say is Nate LOVES throwing rocks- so it must be a boy thing that starts at a very young age. Oh, and loved the family pic- that's a classic!

Vhari said...

Dave every time you post something it makes my day! I just can't wait for the next installment. Too bad you just can't quit school and write blog entries all day. Then maybe my life would be complete. I can't wait to see you guys in a few months.

Pike's Place said...

What is up with my hair? Thanks for posting such a scary pic. :(

By the way, you should have been a geologist -- not an eye doctor (with your rock obsession and all). Can you take your schooling back and start again?

Melanie Henage said...

Dave that looks like you at your best. How long are you and Sheri going to be here when you come? We should get some ball going when you guys get here!

Michelle said...

Nice.

Alicia said...

Thanks for fueling erosion, Dave. How could you be so thoughtless as to the state of our ever-eroding universe? Shame, shame.

Megan said...

Davey Poo Poo (and Sherri Poo Poo) when you come to the promised land we definitely need to get together. Its good that you don't have children because I have plenty to go around. You can each have one if you like. (we have a rent to own program that is really affordable).

What I need is your address of the email variety, because I am having a get together on Feb 13 and would like to extend you an invitation.

And sorry i don't comment on this blog enough, its just that i get laughing to hard and then I always have to walk away from the computer and change my pants. Wetting my pants laughing can be very distracting.

Nan and Aaron said...

Me Gak. You Grog. Grog like rock. Gak like rock. Rock go boom. Rock no like Gak and Grog.

In other news, do you know Aaron Pinegar? From the "mish?" You know, in Roo-SEE-ah? He's in our ward--great guy.

Scooter said...

You may be thinking of rocks in that pic, but I am thinking about dinosaurs with jetpacks. I'm lovin it!